Last week I took off with my two kids and drove to my parents house two hours south east of here. Parts of the trip were good, the part that I got to see my parents and my brother. But parts were so bad it was comical. Let's just say I wanted to change my name from Mom, to something like Dave and move to Alaska ALONE, fish and hunt bears, and garden for my food and live ALONE in a tree house for twenty years without seeing another living soul. Oh, and of course I would have satellite, eBay and a hot tub. But unfortunately that's not really an option so I'll stay with plan A, being Mom.The Sunday I was there my daughter, while playing outside grabbed a ladder rung and also grabbed a couple of hornets in the process. It took me about ten minutes to figure out what was wrong. I really feel the Lord inspired me to figure it out. I took her to the ER and they doped her up on Benadryl.
After a week I decided to call it quits. We hit traffic about 15 minutes from home base. It
You should have seen it. I was parked at the "la de da" Pinnacle Hills mall right in between the Banana Republic and some other stuck up place. My two year old was stripped down and sitting on the sidewalk with Jonathon while I was mopping out the back seat with a handful of wipes dumping chunks of it on the ground. I then used a garbage bag on the stinky and moist car seat and went ahead and drove home. Needless to say she felt much better after that. We just drove with the windows down and the air up.
So that was my week. I'm exhausted just typing it out. Oh and yes I had enough humor left in me to snap a picture.
4 comments:
All I can really think to say is ... YIKES!
aint it just fantasmic to be a mom.
Dave! I'm so glad you're back! I tried calling you, but of course you were off doing fun stuff like playing with hornets and cleaning up puke. I'm glad you had a fun time with your family!
Hope this week is going better for you! I guess it make my last week not so bad after all or at least not alone, just different :0}
Post a Comment