I took the kids to the splash park the other day. It was a nice overcast, humid day.. so I didn't actually put sunblock on them until the clouds parted and the sun started to really shine. BIG mistake. We all got a sunburn anyway.
See sunburns and my family go w-a-y back. I think I was almost hospitalized for one when I was a kid. I can remember my mom covering my sister and I with a cool cloth soaked in iced vinegar. You could feel the heat raising off of our little bodies. We would even wear our bathing suits for days until the burn would heal a little. So needless to say I've always been pretty careful with covering my kids with sunblock. And I never want my kids to go through the pain we did.
So I can say I was a dumb, dumb to not take precautions. My poor babies have red shoulders, arms and backs.
OUCH!
Jul 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment