
So to update on the flu, the kids are on the mend from the nasty bug that turned into bronchitis and then an ear infection for Hannah. But things are looking up.. I'm finally getting around to cleaning the house that got pretty gross while everyone was sick.
So now the real post. Philip has been working the graveyard shift for over a year now. I absolutely loathe this shift. But I despise the swing shift even more. So I've lived with the sleeping man during the day and the absent man during the night for way too long.
I've been praying the whole time that somehow he can get days again. But the crux of the whole situation is that he makes more money working nights because of the shift differential. So we would get a wage decrease if he went back to days.
The other day Philip came home and told me that his work is forcing him to work days again. My first thought was.."YES!" but then "OH!". He would be bringing home 10% less each paycheck. Things have been so tight I don't know how were to make it work. So did my prayers get answered? Is it my fault? I think it's going to be really good for our family life and for Philip's Narcolepsy. But at what cost?
I guess we'll have to see. I'm just clouded by the elation of finally having my husband back. Finally, we'll be sleeping in the same bed at the same time. Finally he can be awake for the kids in the evening. Finally we can have a normal Friday night date. Finally he can mow the lawn when the sun is up. Finally. Finally.
1 comment:
Great news. When I was a nurse, graveyards left me feeling so "off".
Post a Comment