May 6, 2009

Geneology.. I am doing it..

Last week I found myself logging on to the new. family search .org website and checking out my family line. I was sucked in.. I spent hours looking at names of ancestors. The new site is great. They've taken several websites with information and compiled them together. The only problem with this is that now you might find several profiles of the same ancestor. So as a dedicated descendant of these folks I compare the duplicates and compile them together. It's pretty cool really.
Also as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I want to make sure my ancestors have the same opportunities as I have. And that's to have the saving ordinances of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Questions on temples? Click here.
I love history and it's wonderful to learn about ones own family. I have a certificate awarded to a great- uncle of mine during WWI. He was a Private in the medical dept. and died in France. He was awarded a certificate from France and the US. This one is also signed by the president at the time, Woodrow Wilson. I don't know how I got these but I've had them for years. I just wish I had a picture of him. But this one is of his sister.. my great- grandmother when she was 16. Her name was Violetta Belle Puderbaugh Rose. She went by Belle.

1 comment:

~ Roxanne said...

How exciting! It is very addicting.