
I did it. I joined the blogger crowd. I didn't think I would, I'm not really a writer but oh well who's going to read this anyway? And if you do, cool beans. I'll just be myself and so be it.
This blog is titled, The Garrett's but it's really just me, Rose. The picture on the right is my husband and I way back in 1997. I prefer to think of myself looking like that instead of my older self now. Besides we really don't have many pictures of me around this place. I'm the only one snapping pictures of children, events and such.
So, I'm from Northern California. I lived there much of my life. It's a great place and will always be "home". But when Philip and I decided to have our family and buy a house.. you know the things grown ups do and well NorCal fell short. Everything is too expensive, too fast, and too bad. Philip grew up with gangs around the corner and I grew up with the KKK up the street. So needless to say we didn't want our kids to even go to school in the Cali school system let alone live there.
I'm the youngest of six children with two fine salt of the earth kind of folks for parents. They've been married for over 40 years and still love and care for one another like no one I've seen. My dad does the dishes everyday and always stops what he's doing to do things for my m
om. Now... it wasn't always like that... but times have changed.I grew up with a family that was always in one predicament or another. I've got some stories that would make some folks drop their jaws. Stories about how we lived with no running water and an outhouse out back. How an ex-convict escaped from Folsom prison and tried to break in to our home. Oh, and yes we even lived in a tent at one time. Even after all of these interesting experiences we went through we're quite a close family. I think we're stronger because of it all. And it was the teachings of the Gospel of Jesus Christ that kept us safe and secure in those days and it s
till does. We're all proud, strong and active members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.I've always told my sister that she should write a book about the life of the Scott Clan. But maybe it'll be me that does it.
Anyway, this blog is about my life now and my family now. But I can't forget my life and family then , because it made me who I am now. Understand?..(say that 10 times fast).
Picture on the right.. (Left) Russell, Brad, (Left) Alice, Linda, Christina, and me, Rose.
So to make a long story short ....too late. My husband and I moved to Arkansas to raise our family, survive and strive. Philip and I have been married going on eight years and have two wonderful children. Jonathon and Hannah. They keep us young, old, and insane all at once. But that's what family does...right? Just ask my mom. Hmmm....Maybe I should look into that book deal... I think I'll call my sister now.... ~Later.. Rose
1 comment:
Kuddos to you and Philip for taking such a stand so early on raising your family! I grew up in a small town in Michigan and can not imagine what you grew up around.
You are a great writer and have a great sense of humor / sarcasm. I look forward to getting to know you better!
Your children will appreciate someday what you are doing :o)
Post a Comment