Apr 10, 2008

I feel like a girl!

I feel like a girl today. That's because after I got my two year old to take a nap I decided to take a shower instead of my regular snooze. Hu... what a concept.. take a shower and not take a nap. I actually think my two year postpartum depression is finally starting to recede.
Anyway I did it. I got in the shower and I couldn't believe it. It was quite, just my own thoughts rattling around in my head. No two year old pounding on the shower door and stripping or eating toothpaste. No six year old running in telling me he just got to level 10 in Monsters Inc. and thinks he needs a reward, no husband yelling through the door asking when was the last time I changed a poopy diaper. (Yes he keeps score.. and right now it's Dad: 520 / Mom: 685,259..and counting.)
Needless to say it was glorious to be alone in the quiet shower. So I decided to shave. Yes, shave! And not just shave my leg up to the knee. I shaved the whole leg.. on each leg!! Some may laugh and others might relate to this tale but I tell you it was amazing to be able to feel like a girl again.
Then the jubilant feeling abruptly ended when I noticed that the towel I was using had been used on the dog. I paused for a moment with that gross thing on my head thinking of Lucy being kissed by Snoopy. I shrugged and proceeded to dry off. Nothing was going to stop my wonderful moment.... the moment I was a girl again. I think I'll be a girl all day!

2 comments:

michelle manning said...

Hey Rose! I'm so glad you started a blog. It will be fun to come and see what you're up to!

Michelle

Angela said...

Hello o' creative one! You amaze me! I loved it, absolutely loved it! It made me smile the whole time I was reading it. You should write! Very well done! I can totally relate to the whole "shower" thing! I shave for Sunday's only it seems and I'm sorry to tell you, it won't change! When they become teens, they still need to get in the bathroom! It's a vicious cycle! But it's worth the final rinse! Only our wrinkles come while we are tossing about in the dryer!