Apr 12, 2008

The Snot Spot


It's always there. If I just look on either shoulder there's a spot of snot. How it gets there is a mystery. No matter if it's a clean blouse or a dirty tee I pulled out of the pile on my floor, the snot spot exists. I have a feeling it's the little pixie we named Hannah that's to blame. She runs around here hopping up and down with a blankie in one hand and a dolly in the other. I pick her up, caress that little wiggle worm and take in the sent of strawberries and baby. And when I put her down I inevitably have a spot on my shoulder. And if it's not made of snot it's made of cheese or a mixture of some such treat. The only thing is.... I know one day I'll look at my shoulder and it won't be there anymore and the pixie will no longer smell of strawberries and baby. So come to think of it I look forward to the snot spot. It makes me feel like a mommy. I'm looking forward to more spots.

1 comment: