Jun 4, 2008

little moments


Wow, I'm thankful for little moments I have with my kids. Especially Jonathon, he's at that age where he soaks up information like a little sponge. Just this morning when we were waiting for the school bus he asked if we could say a prayer. I was so proud. Most days I'll instigate a morning prayer with my son before school but if we're running late if just doesn't happen. So we sat down and he said the prayer. He once again asked Heavenly Father to make sure Great Grandpa Sannar liked Heaven. So this little moment just kind of happened..... After the prayer we talked about this subject again and I was able to discuss the principles of the Lord's Gospel with my 6 almost 7 year old. It was wonderful. Now I can't say I know this for sure or if it's "doctrine" but just after we got the news of my grandfathers death I told Jonathon that Great Grandpa was very happy and that he probably was going to plant a garden there in heaven. FYI.. my grandfather had the greenest thumb I ever knew. So Jonathon now says that Grandpa Sannar is planting a garden for Jesus.
What can I say.. I know we take the knowledge with us when we die and well... grandpa was really good at gardening. We've also discussed that yes he's with his family and probably teaching along side grandma. So anyway I had an epiphany this morning about the importance of taking those little moments that arise and run with'em.

"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."
Proverbs 22:6

"And they shall also teach their children to pray, and to walk uprightly before the Lord."
Doctrine and Covenants 68:28

3 comments:

Cheramie said...

sweet story rose, it does pay off sometimes! that's good to know.

Mary said...

What a nice Mom moment. You're doing a great job, Rose.

~ Roxanne said...

What a precious momment. They comprehend more than we give them credit for. I am amazed at how much they are teaching me.