May 30, 2008

Grandfather


I have been taught by loving parents about the Plan of my Heavenly Father. I have in return taught my children and others what happens to us when our mortal body dies and our spirit bodies continue on. I have a strong conviction of these teachings. So how come when someone I love dies, I hurt inside?

My grandfather.. my mom's father.. Orval Edgar Sannar.. died today. The wipper snapper was 97 years young. Up until just a few months ago he was thriving for a man of his age. He spent most of his day out in his "shop" puttering around and even more time with his garden. He was a faithful Latter-day Saint and sang beautifully. He had six children.. two leaving this world at the age of 19.. and a wonderful eternal companion, Alice Virginia.. that left this world in 1995. I know he's with them right now. I would have loved to have seen that reunion.
My grandpa was a tough man in my young memory. But the last 10 years or so he's been very sweet and loving. Especially to my children. You can just see his heart melt when he played with my kids.
I'll always remember what he said to me at my grandmother’s funeral over 13 years ago. He told me they were proud of me. To me that was the most wonderful thing to hear from my grandpa.
Even though I know he lived a rich and full life. Even though I know he was ready to pass on and I know he's much happier where he is.. .I ach. I'll miss him, and I'll miss my children missing him... Love you grandpa. I'll see you in about 60 years.

4 comments:

The Ruff Family said...

Rose its never easy to have a loved one pass on no matter how sick or if its sudden. I am praying for you and your family.. IF there is anything I can do let me know. Love ya girl...

Cheramie said...

i'm sorry to hear about your grandpa, it sounds like you'll have some pretty good memories to hold on to until you can see him again.

Valerie Chandler said...

So sorry to hear about this loss. I loved the photos.

~ Roxanne said...

Sending you a hug Rose!