Apr 12, 2009

Acts of Nature

The other night the wind was howling and it was raining so hard outside that the crash I heard was very faint. My husband had already gone to work at his usual 10:45pm and I was sitting down with my book. A while later I walked into the kitchen and glanced out the back door to see leaves... lots of leaves. Our poor tree took a tumble. Last year the tree in the front fell and now the one in the back. We'll surely miss the shade but we feel very blessed that it did no real damage. Well... according to the grown ups it did no real damage anyway. The little people are pretty bummed that our 'ampoline has a boo boo.
But what's most incredible was that fact that two days later my wonderful home teacher, Jim had several men over with chainsaws and trucks and now the trees gone. All that's left is a stump.


1 comment:

michelle manning said...

Holy smokes! That's nuts! I'm glad it didn't hit your house.