We stayed in a little cabin at the KOA that was pretty "primitive". Basically it was a rustic cabin with two rooms period. In one room there was a full size bed and in the other were two sets of bunk beds. There were little benches and hooks attached to the walls, a couple of mirrors and a pull rope to open the doors. It was almost like seeing how the pioneers lived.
The second night we had enough of the rustic cabin life.. we wanted a bathroom. I got tired of getting up at night to take a kid to the bathroom about 10 yards away in the campground. So we upgraded to a cabin with a kitchen, bathroom, shower, and cable TV. I know, we're pretty weak.
Other then our accommodations we went to the Dinosaur Museum, The Dixie Stampede, Walmart, and Silver Dollar City.
The Dinosaur Museum was really fun. They had a dino dig you could find fossils in. They had tons of life size dinosaurs and lots of information about the prehistoric life for these creatures. And they even had an indoor Dino bouncy house. Hannah was pretty scared at first but after a while she was saying "I love dinosaurs!".
The Dixie Stampede was one of my favorite things we did. It was an indoor arena that had two sides. If you were sitting on one side you were a "Northerner" if you were on the other you were a "Southerner". The servers even wore costumes that matched the uniforms of the Confederate and Union Army during the American Civil War. We were served a large four course meal during the "show" and weren't given any utensils to eat with. We had to u
The show was with horses, wagons, Native Americans, cowboys, pioneers, pig races, and tons more.They even had live doves and steers.
Silver Dollar City was an awesome amusement park. We went on "kiddie" rides, rode a train and a boat. Shot at convicts, had lemon ices and ate Mexican and Italian food. Philip and I each took turns going on a large roller coaster. He went on "Thunderation" while I had the kids and then when he returned I went on it. It was nice to be there during a week day and during the off season. The lines were nothing.
We had a great time on our family vacation. We still had typical family things and I even got to use my first aid kit. But we got to spend time together and that's the most important part.
2 comments:
What an awesome family vacation! It's cool too that Jonathon (maybe Hannah???) is old enough to remember it.
Sounds like fun! Matt and I have done the Dixie Stampede - very fun!
Post a Comment