I haven't been a very good blogger this past year. Kids make life a little busy.
-*9/5///////\49*.. alright that was Kaylee my 9 month old. She loves the laptop and I have to find ingenious ways to use it without her getting to it.
A rundown of my crazy life is as follows:
- Jonathon is 9 years old and in the 3rd grade and he got his first B this past semester. He wasn't as crushed as I thought he would be. (he's gotten straight A's since Kindergarten). He loves Scouts, Legos, and of course video games. As a matter of fact Jonathon just got a new video game with his own allowance and I 'm glad he did. We've had four snow days this past week and that game kept my older kids entertained a good portion of the long day.
- Hannah is three weeks shy of 5 years old. She goes to pre-school and will be going to kindergarten next fall. My two older kids will be in the same school for one year.. rad. Hannah is still as girly as ever. She also can still get into trouble quite frequently. We have to hide things like gum, tape, scissors, and glue from her. And I keep having to change my hiding spots.
- Kaylee is 9 months old. She's oh so independent or she just want to be anyway. She does this dead mans crawl and can get somewhere faster that way then the traditional way to crawl. She also loves to stand up to things like the couch and footstool. She'll transfer herself from one to the other and then give a gleeful little noise like she's accomplished something monumental.. which she has for a 9 month old.
- Philip works. That's his life right now. He comes home from work, helps with the kids and then he plays a game on this very laptop and then he goes to bed. I do enjoy the time we spend together after the kids go to bed and before we go to bed. Philip focused on his game and me... doing dishes, laundry and taking care of Kaylee and all during a television show. I know you can since the sarcasm in my previous statement. But he does what he can and most of the time I have to ask him to do whatever it is that I need done. We have also recently realized that in order to continue to raise three children and eat food, Philip needs to go back to school and ultimately get his Bachelors. Not a short road and we probably can't afford it and we'll probably starve or have to sell a child or two. But we're in the process of thinking about it and of course praying about it too.
- Me, .... me..... well I'm a mom of three now. It was a leap from two but I have the advantage of having my kids 4 to 5 years apart. I don't know how moms do it when they have two or three in diapers at once... like my mom did. That's all I do... I try to keep this house semi organized and clean. I try to make sure my kids are educated, clean, fed and loved. And I try to find the humor in it all or I basically try to stay sane. That equals out to be the same I guess.. sanity is trying to find humor in the unpleasant. That of course is my definition.
So we're all alright! It's better then fine and in the middle of bad and good..So we're alright.
I've got missionaries coming over for dinner tonight. And I've got quite a few thin gs to do before then.
No comments:
Post a Comment