Feb 12, 2011

Weather Crazy

We've had some really crazy weather this winter. Just the past few weeks we've had at least two major snow storms. This week we got about 24 inches of snow in about a six hour block. The temperature has been in the negatives and people are house bound and schools and businesses have been closed. These next pics are ones I've copied from the news but I've encountered it all the same. Especially the bananas. We need to go to the store and get fresh stuff right before this last storm and it's a total madhouse at the grocery store. Shelves are literally empty.
Our house in the back yard
So, needless to say we've had a bit of craziness right here in Garrett House. I'm not a really artsy kind of mom. Yes I have construction paper, glue and googly eyes just like the next mom but that's about it. I wish there was a course I could take titled.."Simple arts and crafts to keep your kids busy" or "How to pretend you're a good mom and can make something out of paper and glue". A couple more classes I should take are "How to build a snow fort for your 9 year old boy that thinks you can't do anything anyway" and "What to do when you don't want to beat your children but want to stop their constant complaining". I could try to see if the local college have courses such as these but I have a feeling that they won't.
 
I do love my kids and I feel blessed to be entrusted with them. Being their mom is frustrating, funny, exhausting, and very rewarding. 


The picture of Kaylee is through the back window. That was her perch while I took pictures of the kids playing. It was quite cold outside.

 

No comments: