Background on moi. I'm allergic to shell fish and after exposure to it several times throughout my life.. it's gotten worse every time. Now, it's not like I do it on purpose. Sometimes rice or another food is cooked in the same pot, strainer, or vat or they used the same spoon and I can have a reaction that way. If that's the case it's not as bad as eating it outright. I've even had a reaction when I kissed my husband and he had had shrimp hours before. Because of my allergy I really try to stay away from restaurants that cook shell fish in the same area or kitchen as other food (fast food joints are the worst.. they have small kitchens). I've scared many a waiters asking questions about how they cook their food and where and in what pot.
Okay, now were back to last night. I brought it home and added the fish to the table along with our leftovers that we had. (It was late and everyone was starving) We put Kaylee in her high chair and occasionally we would give her a small bite of something from the table. The only thing she'd never had before was the fish. She only had about 5 tiny pieces.
Needless to say I felt terrible about inflicting the same thing I've experienced on my baby. I totally knew how she felt. I ran and got some Benadryl and gave her 1/2 teaspoon. After a couple of minutes discussing it with Philip I decided to take her in to the ER and have her evaluated and make sure her throat wasn't swollen.
After disproving NW Hospital's "15 min pledge" she was seen by a doctor. He said that the Benadryl was the thing to do and all was good with the muchkins lungs and throat.
The pictures aren't very good. I snapped them fast and I was trying to keep her from taking a head dive off the couch.
No comments:
Post a Comment