Mar 2, 2011

Touched in the Head

 My little family and I moved here to Arkansas about 6 years ago. I can say that I've been more blessed then most people that take up root and move 1000 miles away from all you know. Because in my church when you move to a new town you make friends really fast. So we have quite a few friends and acquaintances by now. But I think I have a bit of a social problem. I feel awkward sometimes when I'm talking to other ladies I don't know all that well. Even though I've known them for a few years I still feel like I stammer over my words. Maybe I try too hard, I have no clue. 
 So this is my question.... Have you ever been in a situation when you say something and the second it rolls off your lips you say to yourself.. "wha? that was lame.. why in the crab did I say that? And all the while the people you're talking to look at you like you're a bit touched in the head. Yeah, well I do it all the time. And sometimes I'm so skilled that I'll even say something that actually turns out dirty. And of course I had no intention of saying anything dirty.. to people I respect no less... but it sounded that way anyway. And instead of saying something witty and apologizing for it, I act like I didn't say it at all. Like there was a talking bird flying by or something.
 So I guess I just wanted to post that thought. Asking if I'm not alone with my swollen tongue and lame brain. 
That's all.

4 comments:

Valerie Chandler said...

If I am the Bishop's wife, I have no idea what you are talking of... seriously.

I LOVED having you here today and think that you are smart and fun.

Love you, Rose.

michelle manning said...

This post cracked me up! I do the same thing sometimes and I then I come home and laugh with Benn over whatever hairbrained thing I said to someone that day!

Rose said...

well thank you Valerie,, and I'm glad It was just me that thought I put my foot in my mouth.

Desi said...

Rose, if anyone is a pro at this, it's me. I'm the master of putting my foot in my mouth. Open mouth, insert foot. Been there, done that, plenty of times. And, you don't talk dirty. My husband does! haha!