Sep 8, 2008

For Pete sakes people!!

I have been liberated! I have seen the light.. and now I know that I ... yes I can plant a garden and the garden will grow. I learned so much information from my last garden experience and I've been taught by the master. Mel Bartholomew. He taught that you can plant and grow vegetable garden in any season. And I've got an itch to grow broccoli, brussels sprouts and carrots. So why is it that when I finally get a bee in my bonnet about vegetable gardens that the rest of the world doesn't? For Pete sakes people!! We need to inform the rest of the country that they can plant gardens in ANY season. Even in the Fall. I had to order my plants online to be shipped UPS. I only found a couple of places in the country that sell veggie plants and the closest was Tennessee. So I guess I learned a very valuable lesson... seeds.. I need to plant little pots in my garage and baby them until fall planting.
I guess I'm done with my tirade. Back to your lives citizens.

2 comments:

Mary said...

So, this may be a stupid question, BUT what does a brussel sprout taste like?

~ Roxanne said...

Wow Rose, my parents had a big garden before I hit the teenage years and I am still so clueless.

Seasonal gardening concept is so new to me. We need to inform Walmart! Get it on the PSP!

Mary my kids eat brussel sprouts!!! Be brave buy some frozen one and warm the up and serve with butter and/or a dash of garlic and parmesian {spell} cheese :0}