Sep 19, 2008

Crawl in a Hole Day!

Today has been a day... one of those days you feel like you want to crawl into bed for a week. I sit here and feel the exhaustion overtake me. It's pure and simple... I'm exhausted because I'm a parent. And not just any parent. I'm a parent of Hannah Garrett!
Oh Hannah my sweet Hannah, do you know how much I love you? We wanted you to be apart of our family so much we went through three years of doctors and prayers and finally we were blessed with you. You are truly a gift from our Heavenly Father. Your name says it all my little love. The mother of the prophet Samuel being barren, asked God to bless her with a child, and her prayer was answered. Hence, your name literally means "God has graced me with a child".
So whether it's Murphy's Law, Karma, or just simply blessings masked as mischief, I have a little spitfire of a two year old that I love to no end. She keeps me running and I know it's for a reason. Dare I say the reason is to learn patience?
So my sweet little girl the juice spills and chocolate milk stains will fade. The cans of tuna you left outside in your push car will be good for another day. The knife you got out of the dishwasher didn't do much harm. The photo albums of your parents wedding can be repaired, the broken dishes can be replaced. The flooded bathroom dried out, the toilet paper in the shower was thrown out. The crayons in the dryer and the apples in the dishwasher didn't break anything. The broken CD's and video tapes aren't that important. The toys you've flushed and the thousands of wipes you've used on your dolls are not needed anymore. The dog will get over it and the countless other things will soon be faded memories.
Well, I hear princess Hannah breaking down her locked door with a doll stroller so my reflection time is up...

6 comments:

~ Roxanne said...

It is amazing on how they seem to survive all of this and grow up.

I guess we need to welcome those gray hairs. They are surely well earned :0}

Steve said...

Wow that little sweetie sure keeps you running Rose! It's so hard to believe since she's always so good and quiet at our house. Way to put things in perspective though, we really do love and want our kids, don't we?

Valerie Chandler said...

In nursery we think she is a princess. So funny to know this other side of her! :)

Mary said...

I loved this post, I am sorry it made me laugh. :)

Also, I am sorry to hear how sick you are!!! You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Cheramie said...

good thing she's so cute!

michelle manning said...

I think this is my favorite post of yours.