This afternoon while I was trying to get some things done I kept hearing this banging sound coming from my sons room. Jonathon started yelling "Hannah's locked in my room!" It turns out that my little girl had turned the lock once but couldn't turn it again to unlock it. While Hannah was crying and Jonathon was freaking out only like Jonathon can, I went into the kitchen to get a small screwdriver. (If you put a small screwdriver in the doorknob you can turn the lock from the other side.) I came back into the hallway and Jonathon had taken his socks off and was telling me that he was going outside to crawl in the window because his sister was crying. I couldn't believe it.. my son was willing to run outside with no shoes or socks on, in the wet, cold, rain to rescue his little sister. If anyone knows my son then you know he has many sensory issues and stepping on wet grass or mud is one of them. And that's with his shoes on. I had to hurry up and stop him from opening the back door. It took me a few seconds to unlock the bedroom door and all was right again.
I'm so proud of my son. He still has many issues to work through and he's doing so well. He's growing up and leaning how to deal with the way he is. He's not just a kid with Asperger's he's Jonathon. And Jonathon loves his sister.... even if she's a little pest sometimes.This picture is of my mom and the kids on Hannah's birthday
3 comments:
Rose your son is kind and loving just like you.
What a sweetie.
Rose, isn't it great that we were blessed with such special little boys. Asperger's have given them such wonderful gifts of spirit.
Post a Comment