Nov 7, 2008

Rose Rocks?

Because of the urging of a friend, I watched a show called Rita Rocks from the Lifetime Network. I don't have cable or a DVR so I watch almost everything online now. It was a pretty good show, and now I know why my friend recommended this show to me. It's a little like my life. It's about a mom and wife that realizes she wants to relive her youthful glory days of playing in a band. She wants to do something for herself. So she dusts off her old guitar, gets together with some individuals just like her and forms a garage band. I've only watched a couple of the episodes but it totally made me think about my glory days.
I've been in a total of five bands in the past twenty years not to mention the other events, plays and recordings I've
been apart of. I no longer have my drum kit so it's been over four years since I've played. So sometimes I get this longing in the pit of my stomach, I truly miss the adrenaline and thrill that comes with playing music. It was so much apart of me. I've played for small church functions and I've played in bars. I've marched in parades and played halftime shows for college and professional football games. I've also played in a couple plays and social gatherings. I've even played on the sidewalks of San Fransisco and I've played the bongos in the parking lot of a Grateful Dead concert.
Now please don't get me wrong. I wouldn't miss the life I have now for any of the what I've just mentioned. But I wish I could do what Rita does and still rock. Just a little.So for now I'll do what I've been doing and just pump up the volume in the kitchen on my Zune.
If you drop by and nobody answers the door but you hear kids in the backyard, dishes clanking in the kitchen and CCR or Green Day blaring from within. It's just me... Rose and for now that's how I rock.


Click to hear music from my last band Knight Sky
You don't have to download it just click the play button.

3 comments:

~ Roxanne said...

So fun to hear about your previous music experiences. Some how there has be a way to preserve some of the past in the present.

I still have my clarinet and someday hope to pull it out again on a regular bases. I did play sax for a little while also. I love smooth Jazz and things a little sad {sometimes}.

michelle manning said...

Wow Rose! I went and listened - you were really great! You should do something for the ward talent show! Not that a ward talent show is planned or anything, but if one did get planned, you should perform for it! :)

michelle manning said...

So...that last comment was me (Michelle). I'm as confused as you are.