May 6, 2008

The gardener had a helper today

Yes, My little one helped me plant my vegetables and a few flowers today. She even planted her own squash plant in her very own container. When it came time for the marigolds to be planted she acted like a pro. She ripped them out of the ground twice and took the head off of one flower and tried to plant that in the ground. But she had a blast and we got to have mommy and Hannah time in the garden, one of the things I wanted to get out of this garden adventure. Now I just have to wait until the boy comes home from school and do it again with him. I still have carrot seeds and lettuce to plant. Happy day to us all!!

2 comments:

Valerie Chandler said...

Sounds like your garden is for growing kids! Good parenting, Rose!

~ Roxanne said...

The pictures of the garden are great. Square Foot Gardening at its best :o) The kids get to feel so grown up.