May 17, 2008

The good deed doers

I am a believer in good deeds. I was the recipient of a charitable Christian act today. Here is how I was put into my place and humbled all at once. I had to pick up a prescription for my son and was trying to figure out if I had enough money to get it and get enough gas to last until next payday. I pulled up to the gas station behind a car that was taking forever to get it's gas. To top it all off the driver of the car in front of him was talking to the gas station attendant. I mumbled about old people and folks that shouldn't take so much time to myself while I was not waiting very patiently. It came time for me to pull up and I got out and starting to get my gas. The attendant started to chat with me about the school magnet I have on the back of my car. I told myself that I was not going to be like that other lady and I was not going to hold up the other people waiting for the gas pumps. So I answered in short sentences that yes my son was a bobcat in Kindergarten,... blah blah. Then he asked if I was going to fill it up today. Well that got my goat! What business is it of his anyway? I answered that no I was only getting $15 just to last until payday. Listen up this is when I get a slap on the wrist. He then explained how the lady that was talking to him before was a really good Christian women and she gave him a gift card to buy gas for those that need it. He then proceeded to filled up my gas tank. I was floored! Here I was grumbling and murmuring about these people that were in my way and they turn around and do a good deed for me. I was very appreciative of this good man and told him to say thank you to the women when she came in again.
So there you go. The Lord told me to stop being a dunder head and be a good girl. I think I'll look around more. There are really good Christians out there and I need to be one too.

4 comments:

michelle manning said...

Awww. That really is sweet. It reminds me that I need to be more aware and on the lookout for nice things to do for others.

Valerie Chandler said...

Totally cool story, Rose.

The Ruff Family said...

help me with my blog.. how do i make it better.. im new at all this stuff

Steve said...

Wow, isn't it amazing how things like that happen? Thanks for the great reminder to live what we believe!