Last night (4:00am) I get a phone call from my husband. Philip works graveyard across the street at the ISD building. He called to tell me to take shelter immediately there was a tornado one the loose and he and his coworkers were just instructed to move to the tornado shelter in their building. I sleepily bolted out of bed tripping over blankets that got caught around my feet and went into my son's room. I told him the storm was really bad and he needed to get into the bathroom (our only inside room/ tornado shelter) with his pillow and blankeAfter a about a half hour of snuggling with my kids the phone rang again. Philip said the storm moved on and it was safe to come out. I was really surprised that the kids went right to sleep after I tucked them in bed with the reassurance that all was well with our world. Thank goodness for a child's resilience. On the other hand it took some time for me to fall asleep again.
I found out the next day that there were some tragedies as a result of that storm and I thanked my Heavenly Father for his love and protection. This experience wasn't as bad as a few other ones we've had. But it was something to think about. Are we really prepared? Hmmmm I feel "something" is telling me to wake up...I'm awake now!
2 comments:
We sure have been blessed with not being touched by the tornados that have came in the area!
Glad all is fine at your house :o)
How do I always seem to sleep through these kinds of nights ...
Post a Comment