1) Churches would have had their tax exempt status challenged or revoked if they publicly oppose same-sex marriage or refuse to allow same-sex marriage ceremonies in their religious buildings open to the public.
2) Children in public schools would have to be taught that same-sex marriage is just as good as traditional marriage.
3) Adoption agencies would have been forced to place children with same-sex couples, regardless of an agency's beliefs. And that means even if it's a religious agency.
4) Ministers who preach against same-sex marriages would have been sued for hate speech and risk government fines.
These are only a few of the changes that would have taken place if this had passed. Thankfully it didn't. But I know this is only the beginning. And California won't be the only place that will be attacked.
I am thankful for my beliefs. I know how God wants his children to live.
Anyway I saw this add and I was impressed and pleased with the Catholic faith. As most of you know my husband and his family are devout Catholics. So it's always nice to see unity between these religions, where family and the sanctity of marriage is the highest priority.The second video is a Catholic add that is very much inspiring.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints View on Prop 8
What is Prop 8?
2 comments:
Rose, I have the same feelings for Catholics. I feel like we hold hands on moral issues-- like we are allies. One touching thing about Nauvoo is seeing the Nauvoo Temple perched on the hillside next to a Catholic Church. I light of our work together in CA, it seemed profound.
I'm going to send you the picture...
I love your slide show.
ok now that your page is all christmas like now its time for my page...
Post a Comment