Dec 19, 2008

Serial Casting: Part Four

We went to Fayetteville again today to have two casts put on Jonathon's feet. He was not thrilled at all about it. (One thing to know about my son is that he keeps things inside until he's alone with his parents and then WOW, watch out! He'll tell us exactly how he feels. He has an extreme amount of control for a kid with Asperger's.) So anyway he was really quiet during the casting. I saw a few times he teared up just a little and I knew he was holding a major amount of emotions back.. and just barely. We got to the car and man it was like I had amputated his legs instead of had them casted. And yes everything is always mom's fault. But I know that the Lord was there with me because I just felt love and compassion for my little boy. I don't think I would like it either if my feet were in casts for weeks and weeks at a time. And now both of them were. I let him yell and cry for about 15 minutes and then I asked him if he wanted a milk shake. Yes was the answer...
We got home and things got better. His tooth came out and the wonderful Tooth Fairy visited tonight and snuck a dollar bill in his tooth pillow. He woke up an hour later and had another fit about his casts. I love my boy. I thank my Heavenly Father for the confidence He has in me to raise His precious child. I hope I can do it right.
As you can see in the picture he chose Christmas colors for his casts, and he's showing off his mouth where his tooth used to be.

3 comments:

Mary said...

He is such a handsome little boy. I'm sure it is no fun to have 2 casts on, but I am still so glad the casts are working and it looks like surgery won't be necessary!!!! :)

The Ruff Family said...

Rose You amaze me!!! I know the Lord is pleased with your patience as a mother. I dont know how you do it all!!! I am so glad that you are my friend!!!

Steve said...

Awww, what a trooper!