skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Ice Storm
I've been stuck at home with two sick kids and a sleeping husband all day long. While a wintery ice storm continues outside. From the window it looks like a winter wonderland but it's quite dangerous. If you stand outside you can hear branches cracking and falling throughout the neighborhood. The whole town shuts down.. schools, doctors offices, etc. But not Philips work. I feel nervous when he has to drive in such conditions. Last night it took him 15 minutes to just get the car door open. Then another 15 or so to get the car in a condition where he could drive.In order to check the mail today Philip had to defrost the mailbox with a bucket of hot water. And guess what? The old motto about the postal service delivering in all sorts of weather conditions is totally true.I took these pictures prematurely... because it's much worse outside now. But it is beautiful. It's always a wonder how nature can be so powerful, peaceful and dangerous all at once.
No comments:
Post a Comment