Jan 17, 2009

Nightly Exercises

My son has had problems with his legs for some time now. It's due to the fact that he's toed walked for about six years now. And that's due to his sensory issues and that's due to his Asperger's. Anyway it doesn't matter if the chicken or the egg came first.. my son has problems that most other kids his age don't. So as a result of all this we have to do daily exercises and stretches to keep the range of motion he needs. It can be pretty daunting to do this EVERY night. We've tried so many incentives I've lost count. We've used video games, ice cream, and playing catch with dad as "bribes" to keep him going.
Recently we've been able to add new exercises to his nightly regimen. I've been able to make them more fun as well. With the trampoline and adding funny songs and such. It's really funny because Hannah lines up along with her brother to be stretched and she's like
rubber compared to Jonathon. She can do everything he does and more. We could even fold her in half and she'd be giggling the whole time. I think it's a blessing for Jonathon.. he feels he needs to keep up with his little sis.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Remind me to tell you a funny story about me jumping on one of those things at the gym last week ... it was SO EMBARRASSING. I can not begin to tell it in a comment.