Jan 8, 2009

I've been Kicked Out

I feel like a criminal. But the truth is the real criminals run the gym I was kicked out of. Interested? This is how the story goes.
A couple weeks ago I got a membership at Worlds Gym on Airport Rd. They have a water aerobics class that I was interested in joining. So this last Saturday Philip and I decided to give the gym a try and go swimming. Everything was going fine until I was stepping out of the hot tub and my right foot stepped into an indentation that was in the step. As I was pulling my foot out of the drain or hole I hit the top of my foot on the concrete step. I was in so much pain Philip didn't know what to do. Eventually I hobbled my way to the locker room and then to the front desk to complain about that retched step.
This is where my story gets good.
The guy at the front desk said that this has happened a few times before and that it would cost too much money to close the gym down and repair the hot tub. He also said that they would have to jack hammer it up and replace the whole hot tub.
All of what he said I found out later was a total lie. Or it was a total lie that it was a total lie. (a cover up about the truth?) Your guess is as good as mine.
I then went to the ER and had XRays taken to ma
ke sure it wasn't broken. Not broken just really bruised up. I then sent an email to the gym relating the whole story and expressing my wish that they repair the problem so no one else gets hurt.
Tuesday.. I get a call from the manager. In a very confrontational way he tells me none of the
story the employees said was true. He says over and over that they have the pool certified and that he has surveillance cameras throughout the gym (good you can see I got hurt). Then he says that all he can do is cancel my membership and contract with the gym. I tell him that's not what I want. And he says he can revoke any membership anytime he wants for any reason he wants. He then says "your membership is revoked". I then say.. "your revoking my membership because I complained?" and he said "as of right now your membership is revoked!" And then he hung up.
Long story... but you get the idea. My doc says my foot will heal. I still have no feeling on the top of my foot. But he said that eventually the swelling will go down and the nerve endings will heal.
Thank goodness!
Since then I have spoken to the pool manager for all the World Gyms in the area and he was not happy with what happened to me. He's supposedly will report this incident to the owner.

So .... I'm no longer welcome in Worlds Gym..any of them. And I'm not a Walmartian so I can't go to the Walmart fitness center. I think I'll try out a place called FUSE. But they don't have a pool... maybe that's fortunate for me.
Oh well... Live and learn!

5 comments:

thepetersens said...

Oh my gosh! I feel horrible for referring you there! That is aweful!!!! I am so sorry, Rose!

Rose said...

Don't worry about it Nikki, I'd been thinking of joining for some time. Totally not your fault.

Mary said...

Do you remember anything about when I got out of my membership there because of sketchy things going on with the childcare? Yeah, craziness! I really don't like that gym. Hopefully you will like FUSE!

The Ruff Family said...

This is why i try and exercise at home. All this craziness in the gym these days... I cant believe that happened to you. But i also cant believe that you just took it. Man the Rose I know would have marched right down there and gave her a piece of her mind. Man Motherhood sure has tamed you....

Rose said...

Kim, yes you got me.. I'm a little more tame these days. I toned down my blog entry as to not shock anyone. I did give the guy a talking to before he hung up on me. I even threatened with an attorney. But I found out that most attorneys won't take the case. Something about my injuries weren't catastrophic.
The only thing they could help me with was get my membership back. And it's not worth it to me. I don't want to go there if they treat me that way. So I'm happy with the guy getting in trouble for treating me that way.
That and I'm sending him a Cow Pie in the mail.
http://www.poopsenders.com