I finally started the water aerobics class I've been thinking about for months. It's called Fibro- Fit and it's for those individuals that have Fibromyalgia. It's three days a week for an hour at the Jones Center for $25 a month with free child care.I've had Fibromyalgia for over 10 years and I have a hard time doing any strenuous workouts. Even washing the tub or vacuuming can cause too much pain. So when I heard about this "low impact" class I was thrilled. It just took me a while to get my boom boom in gear to actually go.
So I went to the class and I of course was the youngest by far. But the ladies were so very sweet. We had water dumbbells and a floating waist belt. The resistance is what helps with the work out. And believe me those ladies had one up on me. I could feel my muscles working. So this looks like something that I'll enjoy. I just wish I knew other women that could go with me to make it more fun. I'll keep y'all posted on the progress of this new endeavor.
www.jonesnet.org
No comments:
Post a Comment