Oct 3, 2008

Stick My Finger Please

Alright, I can tell nobody really liked my last post. That's alright I only get on my high horse every so often. I've decided to not even get into my opinion on this asinine bailout crap that should never happen!

So I was told by my doctor last week that I now have diabetes. It's the answer to how I've been feeling the past few months. And now I have a
real incentive to loose weight. I really want to keep my eyesight and my limbs.. you know. But the news was a little hard to swallow.
I also find I know nothing about what to prepare and eat. I know what's healthy and all, but I went to the grocery store and I just stood there not knowing what to get. I stared at a box of cereal for five minutes not knowing what I was looking at and just threw it in the cart anyway. I've been looking for a class to take and found something at the local hospital that might work. I'm also going to actually take that aqua aerobics class I keep
meaning to go to. Because I also have Fibromyalgia it's difficult to exercise so hopefully this class will be what I need. So I keep sticking my poor defenseless fingers and take glucose meds, eat better and go swimming All that's left is to pray it all works out.
Oh and if anyone wants to chat about our crappy government I'd be more then happy to. Peace all.

2 comments:

Steve said...

Hey Rose, that's a bum deal! The finger sticking can get old fast! I had gestational diabetes with Autumn so I know what a diet change that can be. Call me if you need some meal and snack ideas--I'll have to remember what kinds of things I did then. But I don't really want to chat about the government... ; )

The Ruff Family said...

hey girl wow. I know how hard it is to prick the whole finger and the trick is to pick a different one. At least that is what helped me when i had gestational diabetes. And the whole speaking your mind is why I love ya. You dont care what other people think of your opinion:)